The Last Cookie

So my husband has this issue...   I'd say that it's just a matter of being inconsiderate...  but I REALLY want to just believe that he forgets.  But he forgets ALL. THE. TIME.... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.   There will be something that we've bought to eat.  A snack usually.  Doritos...  or Chips... or... as in the case of tonight and most times... cookies.

We will buy them.  I'll have one or two of said product.  When I go back several days later, there are two LEFT.  So, I'll bring it up.  And I'll hear the words, "The last two are yours."  Then, when I go to get them a day or so later...  they're gone.  He does it continuously.  He does it with drinks, too.   I'll go to get the last Diet Coke, that I've been told, "Is yours."...  I'll get the hankering for the Diet Coke and go to get it?   Gone.

If it happened once or twice, I don't think it would bother me, but it happens 100% of the time.  Without fail.   Like the other day I had a small bag of M&Ms...  the PEANUT ones.  The best kind.  And I hadn't eaten them all.  So we were in the car and since we were on our way to dinner I didn't finish them.  Then after dinner I said, "We JUST ate...  I'll eat my last few M&Ms later.  So we run an errand and when I come back in the car I decide a little sweetness is just what I need.  I go to finish my M&Ms.   Gone.

What IS that???  Who DOES that??  REPEATEDLY.  It's maddening.  And to me?  It shows a total lack of consideration and respect, even.   Am I crazy?  am I making a bigger deal out of it than it is?  I don't know.  But in the moment when it happens it makes me so very angry.

I love him very much.  But he's GOT to stop STEALING. MY. FOOD.   It gives me stabby pains behind my eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment