Tommorow - So full of anticipation...

My husband has a photo assignment tomorrow.   Let me say that again.  My HUSBAND has a photo assignment TOMORROW.  Now, this isn't a big deal for any obvious reason, like we need money or he's trying to break into the business or anything.  He was a freelance photographer for 10 years for the Philly Metro and the Philadelphia Eagles and the Phillies.  He's been in Sports Illustrated a few times and even did the front cover photo of the hardback autobiography for a very famous, now deceased, baseball player.  So going out tomorrow to take pictures of like little kids playing soccer for Memory Mates isn't that big a deal.  

Here's why I'm practically GIDDY about it.   My husband and I carpool.  And we run errands together.  And we have the same friends and hang out with them together.  So what this means is we are together all. the. time.  Like ALL the time.  Other than the 8 hours we're at work.  Which, yeah, it's work... so not really quality "me" time.  Two weeks from today we will have been married for 5 years.  In that 5 years I have had time alone ummm....  maybe a handful of times....  so yeah, I'm due for some. 

I'm so excited about the prospect of 6 - 7 hours on my own at home.  I've been wanting to clean.  Like overhaul clean for ages but there's never time with the long hours away from home during the week and the errands and general goofing off that must be done on the weekend.    Dear readers, my husband is going to come home to a completely different looking house on Saturday and no...  he won't notice...  and no, unless I say something he won't say anything about it.  But I'LL know it's done.  I'LL know it looks better and I'LL feel some degree of satisfaction and pride in a job well done.   I could NOT be more excited.  I can't wait.  I'm even going to have us stop on the way home today so I can buy new cleaning supplies.  Or I'll buy them at lunch today.  Yeah, that's what I'll do. 

So think of me Saturday, cleaning my little heart out.  I promise I won't sleep the day away.  (I think.)  Unless something untoward happens like waking up sick or something.   I'm going to be Little Suzy Homemaker tomorrow and I can't effing wait. 

Oh and yeah, next Saturday??   Another photo assignment!!!  The house will be clean so the possibilities are ENDLESS...

Hamlet's Mistress

3 comments:

Spot said...

You're going to clean with your alone time?! Oh my. We girls are silly, but it's the little things that we look forward too. Hope you enjoy it! And next weekend...well...do something nice for you!

♥Spot

Megan said...

I totally get what you mean about having time alone. My boyfriend and I live together, carpool together, work for the same company, and our desks are within sight of each other. In addition to that, he's totally anti-social and never leaves the house unless I drag him out, which means that I'm never never never alone at home. And I love him and I love spending time with him, but a girl needs some time alone, you know? He has a man cave in the basement and usually spends some time down there at night, but it's still not the same as being home alone, 'cuz I know he's down there and he'd hear it if I cranked up the karaoke machine and started belting out "I Will Survive." Also, he travels for work sometimes which you'd think would be great, but the problem is I don't want him gone for days at a time, just a few hours. Those few times one of his friends talks him into going on a man date, I get so excited I hardly know what to do with myself.

hamletsmistress said...

I know!! We're like kindred spirits, you and me! The job this Saturday has been confirmed AND he got an email last night that says there's potential work for him every Saturday in October. (Homecoming football games and stuff). Now I don't want him gone every Saturday forever... but a whole MONTH of several hours of a Saturday??? So exciting.

HM

Post a Comment