Thursday Thirteen - Movie Quotes

I love movies. Love them. Here are some lines that for one reason or another make me smile, laugh or cry.
I'm going to leave out the movie titles.  Might be fun for people to guess.   2, 12 and 13 have been guessed!!! 

1. "When someone asks you if you're a god... you say YES!"  - Ghostbusters - Guessed by Brenda.

2. "Thank YOU, Chuck Norris."  - Dodgeball - Guessed by Spot!!

3. "I'm not an ambi-turner.* - Zoolander - Not Guessed

4. "You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls, and what's worse... you don't care. Because this place where so many people would die to work, you only deign to work."  - Devil Wears Prada guessed by TxtingMrDarcy.

5. "It was you." "No, Ray. It was you." - Field of Dreams - not guessed

6. "Sometimes it makes me sad, though... Andy being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend. " - Shawshank Redemption also guessed by TxtingMrDarcy.

7. "Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain. " - Back to the Future - not guessed (seriously??? Come on, people!)

8. "Ha! Your pig fiance is too late!" - Princess Bride - Not effing guessed. How did no one get this??

9. "I just adore everything Persian." "You've been to Persia, then?" "Yes, a hundred times. Along with St. Petersburg, Paris, Middle-Earth, distant planets and Shangri-la. And I never had to leave this room. Books are adventure. They contain murder and mayhem and passion. They love anyone who opens them." - Inkheart - I knew no one would get this, but it's one of my favorite movies and I've made it my mission to spread Inkheart awareness.

10.   "Run and hide, asshole. Run and hide. If you should be picked up next week buying a hundred-thousand dollar sports car in Newport Beach, I am going to be supremely disappointed. Because I want my people to find you, and when they do, rest assured we are not going to hand you over to the police. So my advice to you again is this: run and hide. That is all that I ask." - Ocean's 11 - not guessed.

11. "They’re called boobs, Ed." - Erin Brockovich - not guessed

12. "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."   - The Usual Suspects guessed by Steph.

13. " If we wanted two wussies, we would have named them Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman!"  - Talladega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - also guessed by guessed by Steph.

Wow. So much harder than I thought, but I'm also working at the same time. But there you go. Thirteen quotes for Thursday Thirteen!

10 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

LOVE this! Is #1 from Almost Famous? Also, #12 Usual Suspects? And #13 Ricky Bobby?

Steph

hamletsmistress said...

Ooooh.... close! You're right on 12 & 13. #1 is from my most favorite movie of all time. And I've never seen Almost Famous. :)

hamletsmistress said...

#2 IS Dodgeball!!! I love you for knowing that! It's hands-down my favorite line in the movie.

YAY!!!

Spot said...

No fair! I knew number 13! Number two is Dodgeball, right?

I'm lost on the rest.

♥Spot

Txtingmrdarcy said...

Please tell me #4 is Devil Wears Prada. If that's not Stanley Tucci, I don't know what is. ;)

Txtingmrdarcy said...

OOOOO, and 6 is "Shawshank Redemption," my dad's favorite movie ever. This was a fun one!

hamletsmistress said...

Yup. One of my favorites, too.

hamletsmistress said...

Right!!! I love that WHOLE SPEECH he does there. Love it. I love him so much. I think he's awesome.

Brenda said...

What a great game. I love movies too. Number one is Ghost Busters right?

hamletsmistress said...

YES!!! My favorite movie of all time. I'm going to fill in the rest of the answers today.

HM

Post a Comment