Finished work for charity...



So I made this.   It was a lot of time.  And it was supposed to be a wedding gift.  However, in the meantime a benefit was announced for a former high school friend of mine and what I started to make for the auction was turning out horribly and I was running out of time, so I grabbed this back up, added about 12 more rounds to it, crocheted night and day to get it done, because I'd spent so much time working on the crappy piece.  But I got it done and it went to the benefit.  I don't know how it did.  But I'm going to imagine that it was the star.   Every piece I make has a little piece of my heart with it.  I swear sometime this year I'm going to make something for me.  But first?  I have a new wedding present to start...

2 comments:

The Resident Bitch said...

I have to say I am soooooo jealous of you that you can do that. I've tried to learn and I can't freaking create to save my life. I mean, I used to be a costume mistress for goodness sake, you'd think that I could learn but alas, I am inept.

Also? It looks beautiful. I'm sure it was the star of the show!

Amy said...

Thank you!! I hope someone is loving it.

Post a Comment