Is This Art?

My parents and my in-laws live 10 minutes apart from each other and we live 10 minutes from both of them.  We know this is a blessing and we should enjoy it for as long as that remains the situation.  And we do.   But every holiday we spend time with both sets of parents and, you know, when we got married we decided that Easter would be our holiday.  We don't see either family.  We spend our time together.  When and if we have kids, we're going to pick something to do and it will be our Easter tradition.  For our family.

For now, we do whatever we feel like.  We always do SOMETHING.  Today we went here:

[caption id="attachment_800" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Philadelphia Art Museum"][/caption]

I'd actually never been there.   Which is kind of shameful given I live, like, right here and all.  It was a 40 minute drive.  That's it.  anyway, never been there.

Now, I enjoy art.  I do.  Monet, Renoir, Matisse, Van Gogh...   Picasso... and my personal favorite, Dali.

Some art, though, I just don't get.

Like this:   (2 old rusty ale cans on an old piece of wood)


And this:  (which is actually an Andy Warhol)




So I decided to give it a shot:



I call it "Curled Museum Map on Floor".

3 comments:

thepsychobabble said...

lol, I agree that sometimes, it's hard to see the art in some displays.

Chibi Jeebs said...

Ha! Love it!

j.rose said...

I think your art stands up very well! Oh gawd, that turned out to be a pun, didn't it? I'm just tired, is all... so tired that when I saw the title of your blog I thought it said "Hamlet's Mattress"? And I clicked on it? A mind IS a terrible thing to waste. I wonder what you'll see if you check out my blog? Let me know!

http://thruthedirtywindow.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment