Reason #5382 why being an adult can bite me

No allowance given for yard work.

We don't have a mower with a bag.  The last time Tom mowed within a couple days we had stripes of brown dead mowed grass in our yard.  (The same brown grass that prompted this comment and subsequent post regarding our neighbor).  To be honest, it looked like crap.   We seem to be the only bagless mower owners in the neighborhood.  So we were THAT house.

Today after Tom mowed and went back to chainsawing the tree he and his father brought down, I started raking.  We have .6 of an acre.  Which doesn't sound like much, but if you take into consideration that our house is the size of a shoebox and our detached garage is the same size as our house...   we're talking about two shoe boxes on .6 of an acre = lots of yard.

So I raked and I raked and I raked.  I got the whole front yard done, but it got to the point that it was too dark to see what was done and what wasn't.  So we called it a day.  (Tom had stopped chainsawing and was collecting the piles.

Where is the person who's supposed to pay me for doing this chore?  My husband had an inappropriate response, but since my mom reads this, I'll leave it at that.  (Hi, Mom!).

I'm tired and sore and tired and in the words of Ringo...

0 comments:

Post a Comment