Well done, Cleveland Show... well done.

I'm a Family Guy fan.  I'm not ashamed of it and don't go to any lengths to hide it.  The racy humor, the raunchy dialogue, the blatant innuendos, I love it all.   So I was excited about a Family Guy spin-off, though I originally thought it would have been better with a different character, I admit to being a fan of The Cleveland Show.

I love when shows build up to something and I don't see it coming.  Love it.  It's like the 24 minutes have paid off in spades for the last moments.

In the episode I speak of, Cleveland and his wife Donna go to the NBA All-Star game.  While there in the 1st row Cleveland heckles the players.  The players all decide to seek out Cleveland and talk to him about how they have feelings and blah, blah, blah.  They get to his house at the end and they all make up and Cleveland asks if they're all friends.

They all agree and LeBron sniffs and wipes a tear.  One of the other characters says, "Aw, see LeBron James DOES care about Cleveland."  It was classic and I loved it.  Loved loved it.  It was awesome.  Ultimate pay-off.  Well done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment