But everyone ELSE is doing it! 2010 Review

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

I went to Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas...  all by vehicle from Pennsylvania.  It was quite a road trip, though I have been in TX before, but via plane...  you know, the way sane people travel.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

You know, I don't think I made any last year.   But this year I want to lose 50lbs and have 2K in savings for our big 2012 trip.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My best friend had a little baby girl named Paige.  It equal parts filled my heart with joy and despair.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My grandfather who my husband and I have had dinner with every month for the past two years killed himself November 30th.  I don't know if getting over that will ever happen.

5. What countries did you visit?

Texas.   I really think that counts as its whole own country.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

A better relationship with my husband.  Our marriage is good.  It could always be better.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

November 2nd, when my friend had her baby and November 30th when things stopped making sense.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Um, is this sad...  I don't have one.   Yeah...  that is sad.   Here's to big achievements in 2011!!

9. What was your biggest failure?

I don't have one for this either...  which is good.  :)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I went through 6 weeks of throwing up once a week, inexplicably.  I finally bought Align and it worked like a charm.  I'm like 6 weeks puke free!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My aunt's Netbook.  She hated it.  I LOVE it.  That may have been at the end of 2009...  now I don't know.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The "It Gets Better" guy.   I don't remember his name.  I remember his speech.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Everyone on both sides of the political debate who refuse to find any merit in the opinions of the other side.  There is some good in most everything.  You don't have to disagree with someone completely just because they have a different letter behind their name on C-SPAN.

14. Where did most of your money go?

The mortgage.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My friend having her baby, finishing the baby blanket I was making for her and another one I made for another friend in April and seeing the American people begin to take our country back on November 2nd.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Yeah, I'm totally not into current music, so I'd have to say "Yesterday" because that was the song that was playing during the commercial that told me the Beatles were on iTunes!!   Oh and add "The Beatles being on iTunes!!!" to the above.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, but only by a slim margin.  Get it?  SLIM margin?   HA!
c) richer or poorer? Still living paycheck to paycheck, so I'd say about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Eating right.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating poorly.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With my family in the morning to late afternoon and then over to my husband's family for a few hours.  We spend Christmas Eve with his family.

21. Did you fall in love with 2010?

Any time your year is touched by the suicide of a cherished and dearly loved one...  the answer is a resounding "No."

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Seriously, I LOVED Bachelor Pad.  Loved it.   So conniving, so much strategy.  It was awesome.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope!  Still hate all the same people!!  :)

24. What was the best book you read?

The best book I ever read was in 2009...  so I guess the best book of 2010 would have to have been The Mists of Avalon.   Very good book.  Long ass book, but very good.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I got nothin'.

26. What did you want and get?

An iPod Shuffle, a ball bearing clock, a new printer and payment for the blanket I made.  (not one of the ones I made for friends, obviously)

27. What did you want and not get?

I didn't get around to getting my Droid in 2010.  It will happen in 2011 and soon.

28. What was your favorite film of 2010?

Wow, this is a hard one.   Inception, Salt and Letters to Juliet

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

My birthday was a Monday, so nothing.  The day before we went to my parents to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day.  And I turned 32.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?

Business casual by day.  Super Sweats Woman by night.

32. What kept you sane?

My husband and my animals.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

No matter the year...  Colin Firth.  Always.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Oh my gosh, I'm not even GOING there.

35. Who did you miss?

I did a lot of crocheting this year.  It made me miss my grandmother horribly.  So many questions I had for her.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I don't know if I met her just this year or at the end of last year.  But, without a doubt, Brooke.  There are others, too, of course.  Miss Britt, Aunt Becky, I actually got to email back and forth with Jenny, the Bloggess... which holy crap! The Bloggess!!! But yeah...

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

You can never tell someone too many times that you love them.  And to always listen to the stories you've heard a million times as if it's the first time, so that when the day comes that they stop being told, you have them forever in your heart.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Tori Amos - Pretty Good Year

"They say you were something in those formative years
Hold onto nothing
As fast as you can
Well still pretty good year"

1 comments:

Txtingmrdarcy said...

Ohhhh, "The Mists of Avalon".... I first read that in high school and break it out every few years just to remember how awesome it is. It's up there on the all-time favorites. :)

Also- I'd say your best achievement this year was HM. Because it kicks ass. :)

PS- You are a fab Blogfriend and we will share His Firthiness 4EVA.

Post a Comment